Saturday, February 11, 2012

A happy teacher

Recently, flu has been a quite loyal friend of mine. Makes it in the morning at night, you'll always can see me with blocked and red nose. Not a pretty sight though. Despite of gulping various supplement, the flu is always a comeback since I know I had put more stress on my self work-wise compared to last year.


This year, I am given a trust to teach English for UPSR in my school, to make it more cliche, it is the killer subject for this public exam and my pupils can't barely utter a word in English. Okayyyy, too much cliche, but it is that hard to them. Stressful indeed, I am pressured by my superior's expectation and of couse my victims are those 21 poor pupils of mine. To start with, I always remind them (sometimes sternly and sometimes friendly) to keep and improve their relationship and respect with elders (teachers and parents) and most importantly to our Allah Almighty. A word of humble doa is a must in morning class and solat Zohor is compulsory before attending my English extra class in the afternoon. I had become Ustazah Noa this week by reminding them, '' this afternoon, before my extra class, everyone must perform Solat Zohor first. If not, there you go...dilontarkan dalam api neraka di akhirat kelak. Kejayaan di dunia is nothing when in Akhirat, you are certainly head to neraka kerana tak solat''. Whoaaa..it is more a reminder to self lah :| And yeah, being strict a step prior to being friendly to my pupils, since this pupils will respect and obey you according to body size. Boleh? So sad for me though. Do I have to keep 'expanding' to gain these from them. Kids= headache. And in my class, a reward quite an easy thing to get, provided that the pupils obey me and accomplish their task on time and perfecto. Easy peasy! And so is the punishment, one time skip on my extra class, the pupils will get a free copy-this-text-10-times-and don't-get in-to your-class-till-you done from me. And yes, a bonus, you got to do that at the center of school, at school's stage. *clap clap* This week I get 5 pupils as my preys. I am a happy happy teacher :-)


But being on a stress-less note, I am always having fun teaching a lower level class, my Year 2 pupils. Being a class teacher, I have planned to deco my class with a polka dot theme. Can you imagine how adorable is that will be? Like yesterday, when I asked my pupils to help me colour some mushroom with polka dots for wall deco, I reminded my pupils to colour the mushroom brightly and nicely. And there goes this dialogue:


Teacher Noa: Nanti awak warna cantik² k, kita nak gantung mushroom dalam class. Ada pertandingan kelas cantek kannnn?

Pupils: Ok Cikgu, kita lawan kelas Tahun 4 cikgu (Year 4 is the most bright and beautiful class in my school).

Teacher Noa: Tauk punnnn..malu lah teacher if kelas teacher tak cantek, malu lah teacher muka jak cantek. Tapi kelas tak cantek.

Pupils: Mun macam ya, kita gantung muka cikgu jak lah..muka cikgu cantek, mushroom saya tak cantek.

Teacher Noa: T.T huhu


See, how can you are not feeling happy with this kids? Yes, I am a happy teacher :-)


*polka dot theme class, inspired and source from SchoolGirlStyle.com*


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

Noa Hamrin said...

besh juak Sue..cdak tok boleh k mbak guro, kak ya k anok juak..sik pnah kecik ati :-) ku pun alu x pdey nk mrh lmk mun ngan cdak miak..