Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A game that unite all

Yes, football ialah game yang unite us all. Tak kira yang reti main or just a plain kaki bangku---like me. But last night, I guess all Malaysians had a blast screaming and supporting our Team Malaysia to the extend that they play real hard to bring back the gold medal for Malaysia. Tahniah Harimau Muda, I really love how you roarrrr-ed and how the opponent team dived. Hihi.


Back in my college year, I am very fond to anything tiger-ish. This inclination is specifically to the feline family. I love cats, big cats and the small one, as well as the domesticated type. Meow! So for my Final Year Project back in Unimas, I had chosen a project related to the cats, in my case Wild Cats. I still can remember my project title: Historical Records, Distribution and Morphological Measurement of Felidae in Borneo. And FYI, kat Borneo we only have 5 types of wild cats. Meow again.

And one thing, I still remember, during my project presentation, one male panel asked me :"Since we have 5 type of wild cats in Borneo, why don't we have Panthera Tigris (Malayan Tiger) in Borneo?". I was given time to think before I answer that, but being the one that done the research, I knew I must answer the panel asap to minimize my mistake of overlook why we don't have tiger in Borneo. Being an innocent, I answered back "Maybe during the climate change where plate-tectonic movement happened during dinasour era, the tiger had missed the chance to jump into Borneo Island, thus it made them can not be found in Boeneo today". Huh, jawapan macam bijak kan? tapi I was very unsure of that. Main hentam jer, boleh lagi ingat binatang ni main lompat-lompat benua zaman ice age to live in that place. Shallow hihi. Then another panel said, "a folk tale tells me that a tiger can't live where the ironwood is found". Whoa, betul kah harimau ni takut kat Kayu belian. Maybe? I don't know/

But, from the SEA GAMES 26, it is proven that our Harimau Malaya is not afraid of Garuda. Kudos!

2 comments:

AmirFX said...

Haha.. Aok.. Pernah juak kmk dgr rimo belang takut ngn kayu belian sebab suran dari kayu belian lebih tajam dari kayu biasa..

Noa Hamrin said...

ooo la tedah rimo, mesti nya imejin time nya berjalan lam utan alu bergaras ngan pokok belian alu kenak suran oo :P