Thursday, March 22, 2012

English versi Whatever :)

The worst thing about being a teacher is…..you have to regain the momentum of teaching and working after a holiday. No amount of coffee can help us in the morning, what’s more at the staffroom we don’t have any cubicle to “hide” and dream while every other teachers are still reminiscing their holiday memory with their family. Gahhhhh..not helping at all.

But no matter how lazy Teacher Noa can be, I will drag my butt into classroom, for the sake of collecting the homework that I've given to my pupils. Haha, I love giving them homework, but not so loving it when it comes to check it. Like seriously. Cause it can give you both tears of joy and heart attack at the same time.

So, the task I had given for the one week's holiday was very simple. I had provided the pupils with like hundreds of action verbs in a list, and the pupils got to choose 30 action verbs and construct a sentence each of the action verbs, in present continuous tense structure. For example; eating- My sister is eating sandwich at the cafe. 

Only 30 sentences like this, easy peasy right? But NOT to my pupils, cause English is not even their fifth language and I guess teaching them Deutsch should be easier, and my friend even claimed that he is more willing to teach American Literature than English in his school. Talk about the educators' dilemma. Haha lame!

So, these are what I got in return, I called them "English versi Whatever".

jogging- Amir is jogging at the taman. (hmmm..the rojak English that we often use.)
fishing- Johan is fishing ikan. (and again!)
snatching- The cow is snatching grass at the field. (snatching - meragut? a misconception of grazing right? Aiyooo)
milking- Mom is milking at the kitchen. (salute to breastfeeding mom eh?)
selling- Mazlan is selling Ambia at Betong. (pemerdagangan manusia? Oh my!)

.........and I got lots of these types of sentences from my precious pupils! But somehow I must be thankful as my pupils are slowly developing the understanding in English and improving somewhere compared when I first taught them in January. And some of them had started to do well in English. Weeho :)

Geddit?

Nevertheless, what does not kill me will surely make me stronger to teach and inspire my pupils. I don't really mind to sacrifice my time and source provided that these pupils will work hard for their future. InshaAllah :)

My last year's English Education pupils :)

A home teacher for Year One 2011 :)

Our humble school, very the kampung right?

And none pixels from 2012 yet. Still. Busy. Teaching. Ok? Ya right :P

3 comments:

dariagraphy said...

you know, we would rather teach the ones yg from zero kan? ngajar miak uni esp mana nok rasa pande ya, adohhh eh. lemah nyawa ngenang. kadang2 logik sik mun pk kita tok suma jadi chegu sbb olah kita time skolah lok? hahahha kan? me u maya flo for example? :D

Noa Hamrin said...

Nothing but the truth, haha :-) rasanya ol of us never pun bercita² nak ngajar. Dolok² pikir mok kja glamer² jak..hihi..but ylh, karma is a bimbo :-) berolahhh jk lagik..

IFA Athirah said...

tringat pulak saya time kecik2 dlu.grammar lintang pukang!pening ciku baca